Can't find what you're looking for at our library? Here are several options to get the material you need.
You can suggest that we purchase the title or you can request that we borrow the title from another institution.
Please note that the Interlibrary Loan service and Material Purchase request are for NPL Card holders ONLY.
Borrow the Material
- Borrow from other partner libraries (LINKin Libraries).
- Request from other Illinois and out-of-state libraries (ILL)
Most of the time, we can borrow materials from other Illinois libraries for free. More about Interlibrary Loan. Ready to make your Interlibrary Loan request, fill out the request form.
Suggest a Purchase
The library attempts to purchase materials you will be interested in, but sometimes we miss something. If your suggestion fits our materials selection policy, we will get it and notify you as soon as the item is available.
- Material requests will ONLY be considered for items which are currently published or released.
- Search our catalog.
- Search and request through our partner libraries (LINKin Libraries).
- Try our Next Title By program to find a hardcover title by a popular adult fiction author.
- Fill out the Materials Purchase Suggestion form.
**There is a limit of 5 suggestions per month.**
Please Note: Material Purchase Requests require a MINIMUM of two weeks to process