Why am I not getting my email notices?
Please make sure your spam or junk mail folder is set to accept messages from email@example.com.
Text message (Shoutbomb)
Shoutbomb is the service that Naperville Public Library uses to provide you with text message notifications about items you have checked out.
It is easy to sign up!
- Create a SHOUTBOMB contact on your phone, and enter the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Text the keyword SIGNUP+yourlibrarycard+pin to the contact created above. (Example: Signup+21318001234567+4321)
- After a successful registration, you will receive two text messages: One asking you to provide your email address; the second indicating which of the available services are active/inactive. Providing your email address is optional.
Opt in or out of any features
TEXT the highlighted keywords shown below to email@example.com.
NOTE: There is no charge from the Library for this service, however you may see a charge for incoming text messages at the standard rate applied by your cell phone carrier, depending on your plan or package.
U.S. Mail notification
What is TeleCirc?
The Library's Telephone Circulation System - or TeleCirc - is available 24 hours a day to help you access your account information. It also sends you telephone messages about overdue items or items placed on hold that are ready for pick up.
How do I use it?
To call TeleCirc, have your Library card number and PIN ready, then call 630-961-0460. You can renew each item by entering the item's barcode.
- Renew items
- Find out what holds are available for pickup
- Learn if you have fines
- Hear a list of checked out items